Monday, March 23, 2015

Peace & Tranquility

    A few weeks ago I was strolling the island of West Palm Beach with my roommate and we came across a secluded beach area. The week prior to that was extremely stormy and an all around gloomy time. When we came across this area of raging seas and gusts of wind I felt the most at peace I've felt in a while. 

These past few months have been full of school as well as personal stress. I'm worried for my future and for how I'm going to get to where God's telling me to be. I'm mad at the people that tell me "You won't make it" and I'm constantly thinking of the what ifs and if onlys. I've spent the last few weeks beating myself up and wishing that I could be different and that my circumstances would change. Never once did I think about the positives and the plan.


When I came across the ocean's power and the scene as a whole, I instantly felt at peace. I didn't have a bone in my body that thought of the issues of the world and the situations going on around me. In that moment I saw God. Not a literal image that people think of whenever I say that, but the beauty that God had created and placed in front of me. 


We don't take enough time, or even time at all, to look around us and see the world. We don't venture out into the place that can hold our peace. 


I want to challenge anyone that is reading this to stop, put your computers or phones down and look. Look at the world and what it has to offer. We can learn so much from the things around us. Happy looking, Happy learning, Happy hoping.



No comments:

Post a Comment